Strawberry Cheesecake ( Cheesecakes Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 45 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49429 times
The crispy biscuit base laden with fresh and creamy fruits is sure to excite even the most tired taste buds! quite naturally, this is one of the most popular cheesecakes across the world, and there are many ways of making this international favourite. This particular version combines strawberries with white chocolate. You can even use a basic cheesecake mixture instead, for an equally good experience. Depending on the sweetness of the strawberries, adjust the proportion of sugar in the strawberry sauce.
- Place the biscuits on a butter paper or a rolling board and crush to a coarse powder with the help of a rolling pin.
- Transfer the crushed biscuit powder in a bowl and add the butter and mix well.
- Spread and press the mixture into the base of a 175 mm. (7") loose bottomed cake tin.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients along with ½ cup of water in a non-stick pan and bring to boil, while stirring continuously.
- Strain the sauce using a seive and keep aside to cool.
- Combine the chocolate and the milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove form the microwave and mix gently till no lumps remain.
- Add the cream cheese, mix gently and strain the mixture with the help of a strainer.
- Transfer the chocolate-cream cheese mixture in a big bowl and add the lemon juice and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the beaten whipped cream and fold gently.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the prepared biscuit base and spread it evenly using a palate knife.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or till the cheesecake sets
- Pour the strawberry sauce on the cheesecake, spread it evenly using a palate knife. Again refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Demould the cheesecake, arrange the strawberry slices along the side and garnish with white chocolate along the circumference on the cheesecake.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.