Stir Fried Cabbage with Schezuan Peppers
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 129 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15046 times
Schezuan peppercorns are known as Tirphal in Marathi and can be found at local baniya shops. It is used extensively in Goan cooking and along the Southern coast. They are also used in Chinese cooking and in this dish, they add more flavour to cabbage which is otherwise a bland vegetable.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a frying pan, add the Schezuan peppercorns, ginger and dry red chillies and stir fry for a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage and 1¾ cups of water and allow it to cook till the cabbage is tender and the water evaporates.
- Add the wine and cook on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the Schezuan sauce, sugar and salt and allow it to come to a boil.
- Add the cornflour paste and cook till the sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.