Stir- Fried Spinach Pancake (100 Calorie Snacks)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16905 times
Suggested serving size for 100 calories: 1 pancake
iron and calcium rich sesame seeds, garlic and soya sauce – an irresistible combination of ingredients in an oriental style pancake best served piping hot.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl, add 2 tbsp of water and mix well to make a smooth batter (add 1 tbsp of water if required to make it of pouring consistency).
- Divide the batter into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan, pour a portion of the batter and tilt the pan around quickly to make a 125 mm. (5") diameter thin circle.
- Cook using ¼ tsp of oil till both sides turn brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more pancakes and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the garlic and sauté on high flame for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the spinach and sauté on a high flame for 5 to 7 minutes, or till all the water evaporates, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sesame seeds, soya sauce and salt and toss gently.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a pancake on a clean, dry surface and spread one portion of the stir-fried spinach mixture in a row at one corner and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more stir-fried spinach pancakes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pancake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.