Stir- Fried Mushroom Pancakes, Diabetic Friendly Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14657 times
Reads extremely simple and is also equally easy to make, but this is truly a treat for the palate, and healthy too, thanks to a few modifications in the proportions made to make this recipe diabetics -friendly!
Indulge in this treat, and even consider serving whole wheat rotis instead of pancakes, to boost the health quotient!
Try other recipes like Paneer Veggie Wrap or Veggie Stuffed Quesadillas .
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the garlic and sauté on high flame for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the spring onion whites and sauté over a high flame for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 to 7, while stirring continuously till all the water evaporates.
- Add the spring onion greens, soya sauce and salt and toss gently.
- Divide it into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl, add 2 tbsp of water and mix well to a smooth batter (add 1 tbsp water if required to make it of pouring consistency).
- Divide the batter into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan, pour a portion of the batter and tilt the pan around quickly to make a 125 mm. (5") diameter thin circle.
- Cook on using ¼ tsp oil till both sides turn brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more pancakes and keep aside.
- Place a pancake on a clean, dry surface and spread one portion of the stir-fried mushrooms at one corner.
- Fold to make a roll and press it lightly to seal the stuffing.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more stir-fried mushroom pancakes.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pancake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.