Stewed Mushroom Rice
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 105 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13193 times
Stewed Mushroom Rice is sure to satiate your tummy and your taste buds, with its rich texture and flavour.
Here, the mushrooms are sautéed with onions and green chillies and cooked with flour and milk to create a white sauce like mixture, which mingles well with steamed rice to form a lusciously textured rice that nobody can resist!
Just make sure you serve it hot, to enjoy the ideal texture. A bowl of hot Masoor Dal and Paneer Soup and Parsley and Garlic Loaf will complement the Stewed Mushroom Rice and give a complete meal experience.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and plain flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fresh cream, pepper and rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||563 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||17.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.