Steamed dal balls
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2021 times
Sauted onions can be added to the dal mixture for added taste.
Add your private note
Steamed dal balls recipe - How to make Steamed dal balls
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Toor dal - 2 cups
Bengal gram dal - 1/2 cup
Ginger - 1 inch
Green chillies - 4-5
Red chillies (optional) - 5
Coriander leaves - 1 small bunch
Cooking oil - 2 tspns salt to taste
- 1) soak the dals in water for 3-4 hours.
- 2) grind the soaked dals, ginger, green chillies, and red chillies to a coarse paste.
- 3) add chopped coriander leaves and salt to the mixture.
- 4) add water and mix well. the consistency of the mixture must be just enough to make balls out of it.
- 5) smear a little oil to the idli plates. you can also use small flat plates that fit well into the idli steamer.
- 6) make lemon-sized balls out of the mixture and place it on the plates.
- 7) steam the balls for 15 minutes.
- 8) server hot with pudina chutney or tomato sauce.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#399576 on 05 Feb 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.