Steamed Palak Pakoda Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 119 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22296 times
The palak pakodas in this recipe are steamed in a steamer and not deep-fried. The curd and besan combination makes the kadhi a rich source of protein and calcium too.
Just by not deep-frying the pakodas, reducing the use of fat and by replacing full-fat curds with low-fat curds, the calorie count has reduced from 216 kcal to 96 kcal per serving and fat from 15.4 gm to 3.5 gm per serving.
Teams up well with hot rice and rotis as well.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough without using any water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball.
- Arrange the pakodas on a sieve and steam in a steamer for 7 to 8 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, besan and 1 cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves, onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, green chilli paste, curds-besan mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring conntinuously.
- Just before serving reheat the kadhi, add the palak pakodas to it, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.