Steamed Chocolate Pudding ( Recipe Using Leftovers )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 42 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19128 times
A rich,goey chocolaty pudding made with fresh bread crumbs, condensed milk, walnuts and steamed in a pressure cooker. Tastes best when warm.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a pan and heat on a very low flame, till the chocolate melts. Ensure that you keep stirring continuously so the mixture does not burn.
- Add the bread crumbs and mix well. Keep aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl till light and fluffy.
- Add the condensed milk, vanilla essence, walnuts and chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Pour this into a 150 mm. (6") diameter greased tin mould.
- Place a small stand in the pressure cooker, add water covering half the tin and place a perforated plate over it.
- Place the tin on the plate and steam the cake using a pressure cooker without the whistle and steam for 20 to 25 minutes on high flame or till done.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve warm.
- To make soft bread crumbs, remove the crusts of the fresh bread slices and blend in mixer to a fine powder.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||249.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
|Folic Acid||8.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.