Steamed Chocolate Pudding ( Chocolate Cookbook )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 718 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36654 times
A rich,goey chocolaty pudding made with fresh bread crumbs, condensed milk, walnuts and steamed in a pressure cooker. Tastes best when warm.
- Melt the dark chocolate and milk over gentle heat and mix well so that no lumps remain.
- Add the bread crumbs to it. Mix well and keep aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl till light and fluffy.
- Add the condensed milk, vanilla essence, walnuts and dark chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Pour this into a 150 mm. (6") diameter greased cake tin.
- Place the tin on the plate and steam the cake using a pressure cooker without the whistle and steam for 20 to 25 minutes on high flame or till done.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- To make soft bread crumbs,remove the crust of fresh bread slices and blend in a mixer to a fine powder.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.