Steamed Paneer Dessert
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9788 times
Steamed paneer dessert presents a traditional steamed dessert recipe with mashed paneer. The mashed paneer is sweetened and then added with saffron and cocoa powder separately. This paneer mixture is layered with milk and chopped nuts mix and then steamed. The steamed paneer dessert can be cut into desired shapes and served chilled with nuts as garnishings.
- Knead paneer with your palms and add sugar and mix well.
- Divide the paneer into two equal portions and add yellow colour in one portions and cocoa to the other part.
- Combine the milk powder, 1 tbsp sugar, malai and chopped nuts and keep aside.
- Grease a metal box with airtight lid and spread a layer of cocoa paneer mixture evenly.
- Top with nut mix milk powder and spread evenly.
- Spread yellow paneer part on top and cover the box with a tight lid, steam in a pressure cooker for 5 minutes, using weight.
- Cool and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut into desired shapes and serve.
This recipe was contributed by karna36 on 12 Sep 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.