Steam Corn Balls
by LOPA SHAH
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2072 times
Corn balls are also very famous and popular amongst all most all of us.All of us must have tried and tasted corn balls, but here is corn balls which are not deep fried but steamed one with lots of spices.
Add your private note
Steam Corn Balls recipe - How to make Steam Corn Balls
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Heat the water in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds, chilli- ginger paste, and salt, allow to boil.
- When boil, add soda-bi-carb, corn, rice flour, mix well, stir continuously for a minute.
- Switch off the gas and transfer the mixture to bowl and cool it to room temperature.
- Apply little oil on palms and make small balls, put the balls in greased thali.
- Steam in steamer for 8-10 minutes
- Arrange the balls in serving plate.
- Pour lemon juice on balls and then sprinkle chili powder and chopped coriander leaves.
- For tempering heat oil in non stick pan, add mustard seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves, garlic and sesame seeds, stir for a while.
- Pour this tempering on steam balls
- Serve hot.
- If you want you can sprinkle green garlic when in season in place of coriander leaves.
- You can serve simply steam balls without tempering too.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 05 Jul 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.