Steam Boat Soup ( Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21810 times
The steam boat soup is extremely popular in china and it is especially enjoyed during new year. Traditionally this soup is kept boiling on the dinner table and ingredients added to it from time to time. The recipe combines the delicious flavors of soya sauce, a sweet plum sauce and a delectable soup made of shredded veggies, pak choy (chinese cabbage), mushroom, bean sprouts and boiled noodles. Just lay the sauces on the table so your guests can mix and match the flavors as per taste.
- Heat the oil in a wok / kadhai on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and sauté on a high flame till they turn golden brown.
- Add the vegetable stock and soya sauce, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the baby corn, green chillies, carrots and salt and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts, pakchoy, mushrooms and cabbage and simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the noodles, coriander and paneer and simmer for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Serve immediately with soya sauce and plum sauce.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||282.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||22.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||8.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.