Sprouts ka Laddu
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7193 times
1. nutritious because of its high protein content
2. makes easy snack, if you keep the powder ready. make one kilo of the powder at a time and it stays fresh for 3 months
3. use powdered sugar instead of jaggery for a variation.
4. this powder can also be used to make halwa and sweet cake recipes
Add your private note
Sprouts ka Laddu recipe - How to make Sprouts ka Laddu
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Sprouted green moong dal - 1 cup
Sprouted dried green peas - 1 cup
Sprouted kabuli channa - 1 cup
Sprouted wheat germs - 1 cup1 cup sprouted kulith (horse gram)
Boiled rice (washed and drained) - 1 cup
Sprouted Ragi - 1 cup
Sprouted Bajra - 1 cup
Sprouted string beans - 1 cup
Jaggery - 1/4 cup (per 1 cup of sprout powder)
Ghee - 1 tbsp (per 1 cup of powder)
Milk - 2 to 3 tsp
- 1. dry all the sprouted dals and beans till all water is drained out
- 2. dry grind the sprouts one by one in a dry grinder into fine consistency. or get them powdered in a rice mill
- 3. pound the jaggery with a stone grinder to remove lumps.
- 4. in a broad vessel place one cup of the sprout powder and add jaggery and mix well
- 5. heat ghee and mix well with the powder and make laddus of desired size
- 6. if the laddu breaks sprinkle little milk and then make the laddus.
This recipe was contributed by Ranganayaki on 10 Jun 2005I teach English. Have written 2 recipe books, which are yet to be published. Most of these recipes a...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.