Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22711 times
The mixed sprouts are cooked in a tasty and healthy recipe, Sprouts curry. An Indian spicy recipe of sprouted beans cooked in a tasty onion based gravy. Relish with fried breads(poories) or rice.
- Chop potatoes,bringal into medium size square pieces.
- Chop tomato,onion,garlic,ginger finely.
- Pressure cook sprouts with potato & bringal to about 3 whistles.
- Heat oil in a kadai.add jeera,methi,garlic,ginger.
- When seeds sputter & garlic turns brown,add onion,tomato,green chilly & fry on low flame till tomatoes become soft.
- Add turmeric,chilly,garam masala powder,asafoetida,salt,water if required to get gravy consistency & cook for 5 mins .
- When gravy is cooked add vegetable-sprout mix ,bring to boil.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves & serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by akvan on 04 Jul 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.