by Foodie #640920
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1460 times
Sprouts Appam, a variation of the traditional South Indian appam. The addition of sprouts makes it healthier. Good to serve as an evening snack or for breakfast. Serve with coconut chutney or malagpodi powder.
- Soak rice and urad dal separately for 8 hours.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using approx. 2 cups of water. Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl. Cover and ferment in a warm place for 8 to 10 hours.
- Add the sprouts,oil and salt to the batter and mix well.
- Heat a appam pan and grease it with oil, then pour a ladleful of the mixture and swirl the pan.Steam on medium flame covered with a lid for 2 to 3 minutes.Then turn the appam with a small spoon and heat for 2 minutes.
- Served immediately with coconut chutney.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #640920 on 14 Sep 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.