Sprouted Vaal ka Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
This recipe has been viewed 6679 times
An elaborate recipe, no doubt! it might take a little time to prepare, but is definitely not tough to make – so do give it a try, and you are sure to keep making it again and again!
- Combine the cooked rice, vaal dal and salt together in a kadhai, mix gently and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the cloves, cinnamon, raisins, asafoetida, green chillies and chilli powder and sauté for few seconds. Pour this over the rice and vaal dal.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and coconut.
- To make 2 cups of cooked rice, clean, wash and soak 1 cup rice in water, drain and add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Separate each grain of rice lightly with a fork. Use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.