Sprouted Ragi Dosa
by vrunda naik
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8999 times
Sprouting ragi may be little time consuming, but worth it. Cut down the Rice and increase the Ragi...increases our nutrient content.
Add your private note
Sprouted Ragi Dosa recipe - How to make Sprouted Ragi Dosa
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Soak Black lentils and fenugreek seeds together in some water. Soak both the rice together in another bowl. After soaking them for 3-4 hours, grind the rice first in your processor. The rice batter will still feel coarse when you touch it but otherwise it should have ground well.
- Next in the same processor/grinder (no need to clean it), add the Black split lentil + seeds and grind it until fluffy and velvety smooth.
- Now pour this batter, adding it along with rice batter.
- Next grind the sprouted ragi until smooth.
- Add this along with the rest of the batter. Add salt and mix well until blended well. Set aside to ferment overnight.
- Mix it well once again.
- Heat an iron skillet (low heat) or non stick skillet. Add a little vegetable oil. I usually cut half of onion and rub the cut side down on the skillet. It helps to avoid the batter from sticking to the skillet.
- Once greased, drop a ladle of batter on the skillet.
- Using the bottom of the ladle, in a circular motion, spread it around.
- You can make it thick or thin. Thicker crepes will give you softer crepes while thinner ones makes for crispy ones. Whatever your preference.
- Increase the heat and cook until you find that the ends of the crepes lifting slightly up. Or if you try removing it, it comes easy from the skillet. Turn it. It should be golden-reddish-brown (!!) in color. Grease it with onions again while starting the next crepe or simply drizzle some oil if dont
This recipe was contributed by vrunda naik on 01 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.