Sprouted Moong and Methi Chilas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 172 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46117 times
Chilas are yummy pancakes that can be made with varied flours, grains or dals with tasty additions, and can be had as a snack or as a satiating meal.
Here, we have made super tasty Sprouted Moong and Methi Chilas. This is a real no-fuss recipe that can be made any time – it does not require any soaking or fermentation as it is made with sprouts.
The combination of sprouts with fenugreek leaves makes this a desirable addition to your daily menu, as it is rich in essential nutrients like protein, iron and fibre.
Easy to make but very tasty, this recipe will ensure that kids as well as adults who do not like sprouts will surely have their share without fussing!
Also do try other heart friendly snacks like Healthy Moong Chaat or Sun-dried Tomato, Paneer and Basil Spread On Toast .
- Combine the moong sprouts, green chillies, ginger and ½ cup of water and blend it in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer it to a bowl, add the fenugreek leaves, besan and salt and mix well to form a smooth batter. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a small non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the asafoetida and mix well.
- Pour the tempering over the batter and mix well.
- Divide the batter into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat and grease a non-stick tava (griddle) using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a portion of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread it evenly, using a ladle to make a 125 mm (5”) diameter thin circle.
- Cook the chila, using ¼ tsp of oil, till both sides turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more chilas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chila
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.