Sprouted Methi Dip
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6946 times
1.this dip is a good low-calorie dip ideal as an accompaniment to puri or vada
2. can even be used as a spread on crisp dosas
3.ideal for diabetic patients if used with less oil and without jaggery.
- Heat oil in a kadai and season with mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
- Fry sprouted methi, onion, tomato and ginger till golden brown.
- Cool the mixture and grind to a smooth paste
- Boil this mixture in tamarind juice in the same kadai adding asafoetida, jaggery and sambar powder, till the mixture thickens.
This recipe was contributed by Ranganayaki on 10 Jun 2005I teach English. Have written 2 recipe books, which are yet to be published. Most of these recipes a...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.