Sprouted Matki and Coriander Mini Uttapa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8439 times
Absolutely unique, the Sprouted Matki and Coriander Mini Uttapa are made with a batter of sprouted matki perkily flavoured with chopped coriander, green chilli paste and other taste enhancers. The batter does not require any fermentation or soaking because sprouted matki is used.
Cook these uttapa in an exciting mini format and serve with mint and onion chutney instead of fat-laden coconut chutney. You will discover that it is a fantastic way to include sprouts in your diet!
Some more delicious diabetic-friendly everyday treat recipes - Green Moong Dal and Vegetable Idli, Healthy Moong Dal Idlis , Yellow Moong Dal and Spring Onion Paratha , Buckwheat Pancakes and Adai .
- Combine the sprouted matki and ½ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Grease a non-stick mini uttapa pan with ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour 1 tbsp of the batter in each of the 7 uttapa moulds and spread it gently in a circular motion to make a 75 mm. (3”) round uttapa.
- Cook all the 7 uttapas using ½ tsp of oil, till they turn brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 14 more mini uttapas in 2 more batches.
- Serve immediately with mint and onion chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per mini uttapa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.