Added to 158 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14324 times
Cabbage could be substituted with carrot also. the proportion of the lentils could vary according to taste.
if shell-shaped pasta is available, that also could be boiled & added to the soup to enhance the flavour.
- Wash the moong, beans.
- Soak overnight and sprout the moong.
- Pressure cook all the lentils together.keep aside.
- Cut the tomatoes. cook it. pass it through a strainer & get the puree.
- Put little butter in pan. add the ginger-garlic paste.
- Add the finely chopped onions.cook till onions are translucent.
- Add shredded cabbage & fry for 2 min. dont over-cook it. it should be crispy.
- add this mixture to the tomato puree. add salt & chili powder. add the cooked lentils.
- the whole soup should be hot/warm.
- pour in soup bowls. garnish with pepper & coriander leaves. top with a small butter cube.
This recipe was contributed by shshy on 01 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.