Sprout Sandwich By Sonalprakash
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5329 times
Sprout sandwich makes the good old sandwich recipe a healthy protein rich one with the addition of bean sprouts as filling. Enjoy as packed lunch, snack or breakfast.
- Heat oil in a presure cooker
- Add chopped onions and chillies till light brown
- Add the tomatoe puree and grated ginger and cook till it leaves the side
- Add the sprouts, salt and pepper and1/4 cup water
- Cook for 2 whistles
- Cool it and mash it slightly
- Take a slice of brown bread, spread cheese spread on one slice and sprinkle jeera powder on it.
- Spread the sprout mixture on another slice and make a sandwich
- Make the rest of the sandwiches in the same way.
- Toast it on the tava or grill it in the sandwich maker till brown and crisp
- Server hot with tamarind or tomato sauce
This recipe was contributed by sonalprakash on 19 Mar 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.