Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4918 times
Sprout kichdi is my innovative dish to serve my growing child.
this recipe can be given to babies from their 10th month onwards.
diet conscious and ailing adults can eat this since ukda chawal is easy to digest.
no chillies are used so that it caters small children.
sprouts are protein - rich and this kichdi forms a complete meal.
- Make mixed sprouts as follows:
- Soak handful of moong,kidney beans,dry peas, halfbeans and other such items for 10hours.
- Drain the water and tie them in a muslin cloth and leave over night.
- Wash the rice twice in water.
- Pressure cook rice and the sprouts with water.
- After the rice is cooked, add salt and mix well.
- Temper with jeera seeds and pepper powder using ghee.
This recipe was contributed by Gayathri08 on 11 Nov 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.