Spring Rolls By sonaprem
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5096 times
The Spring rolls recipe is a great starter or snack recipe which is prepared with a mix of vegetables cooked in a typical Chinese sweet and sour sauce and filled in the maida based rolls. Find crispy vegetable spring roll recipe and many more snack recipe, starter recipe at tarladalal.com.
- Peel and mince onions.scrape carrots,string french.beans.
- Drop carrot, cabbage and french beans in boiling water for two minutes.
- Drain and shred carrot and beans.
- Heat oil, stir fry onions over high flame for two minutes. add carrot, beans, cabbage, ajinomoto, pepper, sugar and salt.
- Stir fry again for two minutes. add soya sauce and mix well.
- Remove from fire and divide the mix into 2 portions..set aside
- Sift together flour and salt. add water gradually, beating well to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a greased pan, reduce flame,and spread out half the batter to make a round pancake
- Remove when the underside is set. do not cook the other side.repeat with the remaining batter.
- Cool the 2 pancakes on a dry cloth, cooked side up.
- Mix together corn flour and water. set aside.
- Place a portion of the cooked filling onto the cooked side of the pancake, at one end..ie the end nearest to you.
- Fold the right and left sides and roll upwards.
- Seal the edges with the corn flour paste[or beaten egg]
- Make the other rolls in the same way.
- Heat oil, when it smokes, lower the spring rolls until golden all over.
- Drain on absorbent paper and cut into 2 inch squares with a sharp knife.
- Serve hot on a bed of shredded cabbage or lettuce.
- Serve hot with schezwan sauce or tomato ketchup.
- Note: you can also replace veggies(carrot, beans. cabbage) with cooked and shredded chicken pieces
This recipe was contributed by sonaprem on 13 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.