Spring Onion Chutney
by Pari_ Vasisht
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14879 times
This chutney is very versatile as it can be used as a spread, dip and goes well with idli and dosa. It can also be mixed with rice and had as a meal. It has all the health benefits of spring onion and can be very deceptive as it's difficult to identify the spring onion in it.
- In few drops oil, sauté the spring onion greens and remove.
- Roast the bengal gram lightly in few drops oil till you get a nice aroma and remove.
- Lightly roast the coconut, this will prevent quick spoilage of the chutney.
- Chop the chillies roughly and then grind together the spring onion greens, roasted bengal gram, coconut and tamarind pulp using a little water.
- Heat the remaining oil and splutter the mustard seeds and add 1tsp bengal gram and let it turn golden in colour.
- Pour the tempering on the chutney.
- Refrigerate till you use.
This recipe was contributed by Pari_ Vasisht on 07 May 2012A passionate food blogger, I love to try fusion food. I find baking therapeutic and love to bake and...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.