This recipe has been viewed 15443 times
1. variation : chocolate sponge
2. proceed as for basic vanilla sponge but reduce the self-raising flour quantity by 15 grams and use instead 15 grams and use instead 15 grams cocoa.
Add your private note
Sponge Cake recipe - How to make Sponge Cake
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 8 servings
- Sieve the flour.
- Grease and dust a baking tin. Use approx. 250 mm. X 125 mm. ( 10 "x 5") or 175mm. (7") diameter tin for the large cake; and 225 mm. X 100 mm. (9" x 4") or 150 mm. (6") diameter tin for the small cake.
- Beat the eggs and sugar very well until thick and double in quantity.
- Fold in the well-sieved flour carefully and gently with a metal spoon.
- Fold in 2 tablespoon of hot water (11/2 tablespoons for the small cake) and the butter.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake in a hot oven at 400°f for 15 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- Take out from the oven and leave for 1 minute. Invert the cake.
This recipe was contributed by sapnasree on 03 Jul 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.