Sponge Cake By ssaleri
This recipe has been viewed 2418 times
A step by step guide to prepare the simple, quick and delicious Sponge cakes at tarladalal.com. The sponge cake is baked till done and may be served with topping and dressing of choice.
Add your private note
Sponge Cake By ssaleri recipe - How to make Sponge Cake By ssaleri
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and soda bi-carbb together.
- Mix the flour mixture, condensed milk, melted butter, essence and 75 ml. (2 1/2 fl. oz.) water and beat well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and dusted 150 mm. (6") diameter tin.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 degree c (400 degree f) for 10 minutes.
- Then reduce the tempreture to 150 degree c (300 degree f) and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- When ready, take out from the oven and leave for 1 minute.
- Invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to remove.
- Cool the cake.
This recipe was contributed by ssaleri on 17 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.