Spiral Cone Chaat
by Palak Rajput
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15172 times
Spiral Cone Chaat, it is served in a plain flour cones, filled with potato stuffing and top with green chutney and saunth chutney.
- Combine all the ingredients in a glass bowl and knead to a semi stiff dough using water.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll it into a chapati, using little flour for rolling.
- Using a knife, cut into thin long strips.
- Roll these strips around the cone mould like a coil, starting from the pointed end towards the broader end, till the entire cone is uniformly covered with the strips.
- Seal well to ensure that it doesn’t open.
- Follow the same procedure for the remaining dough.
- Heat oil in a deep kadhai and deep fry the cones till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Once the cones have cooled a bit, shake the cone mould.
- Keep the flour cone aside.
- In a frying pan, combine tamarind pulp with 1/4 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the jaggery, red chilli powder, dry ginger powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder and black salt.
- Mix well and cook till jaggery dissolves and chutney is thick.
- Strain the mixture and mix in crushed roasted cumin. Keep aside.
- Fill the cone first with the prepared filling, top with saunth chutney and green chutney.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 27 Jan 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.