Spinach with Chana Dal
by Palak Rajput
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12121 times
Chana dal is either boiled or pressure cooked till soft and whole. Fresh spinach is roughly chopped and cooked in ginger infused oil. Finally cooked chana dal is added to spinach and briefly cooked. Serve spinach with chana dal over plain steamed rice or with roti.
- Clean, wash and cook the chana dal in a cup of water until the dal is soft and cooked taking care it does not turns mushy.
- Heat the oil in a non - stick pan and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies and curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Add the green chillies and garlic and saute for more few seconds.
- Add the spinach and turmeric powder, mix well and cover and cook till the spinach is completely cooked.
- Add the cooked chana dal, mix well and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt, mix well and remove from the flame.
- Pour the dal over the plain steamed rice or wrapped in roti.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 22 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.