Spinach in Sesame Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3496 times
Easy but unique, this is one of those exotic dishes that will earn you fame! Blanched spinach leaves are coated with a tongue tickling mixture of roasted and powdered sesame, vinegar and sauces.
The sesame dressing is very interesting as it gives a yummy, nutty taste in each bite. Serve the Spinach in Sesame Sauce immediately after preparation.
You can also try other scrumptious treats like Crackling Spinach and Sesame Fingers .
- Heat enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add the spinach and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Strain it using a strainer.
- Squeeze out the excess water by placing it between your palms. Keep aside in a deep bowl.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds in a broad non-stick pan on a medium flame for 1 minute. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend it in the mixer till it is coarse.
- Transfer the mixture in a deep bowl, add the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar and salt and mix it very well.
- Put this mixture over the spinach and mix it gently with your hands.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.