Spinach and Paneer in Tomato Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 160 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15649 times
A very different baked dish, which features a tangy tomato gravy upon a bed of spinach and paneer. The spinach and paneer layer has a very interesting texture due to the combination of crumbled paneer and blanched spinach.
The flavour and texture of the Spinach and Paneer in Tomato Gravy is further improved by sprinkling some grated cheese on top of the tomato gravy before baking. As the cheese melts and fuses into the tomato gravy, which in turn combines with the spinach and paneer mixture, you get a totally fabulous baked dish, which can be enjoyed as it is, or with toasted bread slices .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato pulp, garlic paste, chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- In a baking dish, spread the spinach and paneer mixture evenly.
- Pour the prepared tomato gravy evenly over it and finally sprinkle the cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||2816 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||35.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||77.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.