Spinach and Mushroom Pancakes
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4124 times
Spinach and mushroom pancakes is a nutritious and delicious maida based pancake recipe which is filled with a delectable stuffing of mushrooms and chopped spinach. Enjoy a a healthy and tasty breakfast or tiffin choice.
- Clean and wash spinach leaves.drain n chop roughly.
- Peel,wash and finely chop onion and garlic.
- Wash and wipe mashrooms and chop them.
- Heat oil in a pan.add garlic and stir fry briefly.
- Add onion n mashrooms and cook til onion becomes soft n translucent.cook on high heat.
- Add spinach,salt and white pepper and cook till moisture dries up.
- Remove heat and devide spinach mixture into eight equal portions and keep warm.
- Mix salt with whole wheat flour and add milk whisk well.
- Add wter as required, to make a smooth batter of pouring consistancy.
- Strain the batter if there are lumps.
- Mix in carom seeds and stirr well.
- Rest the batter for atleast 15 minutes.
- Heat a nostick pan.grease with lil oil,if required.pour half a paddle of batter and spread onto a round shape.
- Cook for half a minute on medium heat,turn over and cook slightly.
- Spread the potion of cooked spinach on threefourth potion of the pancake and then roll it ensuring that the filling does not spill out.
- Cook rest of the pancakes in similar way.
This recipe was contributed by sapnil on 16 Nov 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.