Spinach and Corn Open Burger ( Burgers and Smoothies Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11483 times
You would surely have tried open sandwiches. What about an exceptional open burger? try this different recipe, and you are sure to fall in love with it. Instead of a cutlet, the spinach and corn open burger uses a rich filling of spinach and corn combined with cream and cheese.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the green chillies and again sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the corn, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 minute.
- Add the salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously
- Add the fresh cream and cheese, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two, butter each burger bun half using ½ tsp of butter and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle).
- Apply ½ tsp of butter on the other side and cook them till brown spots appear.
- Place both the bun halves on a clean, dry surface with the inner side facing upwards.
- Put ¼ cup of the filling on each bun half and place 2 cucumber slices, 1 tomato slices, and 1 onion slice over it.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of cheese and a little chilli flakes over each bun half.
- Place both the open burgers on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Repeat the step 3 to 6 to make 6 more open burgers
- Serve immediately with cheesy potato chips/ french fries/ potato wedges
Spinach and Corn Open Burger Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per open burger
|Vitamin A||1724.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||29.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||61.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.