Spinach and Carrot Risotto
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 28 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20540 times
Risotto is a classic Italian preparation of rice simmered with cheese, milk, cream and pepper. In this sumptuous Spinach and Carrot Risotto, veggies, tomato purée and mixed herbs enhance the classic risotto by adding more crunch, tang, aroma and of course, flavour. Always serve risottos fresh off the pan, as the cheese tends to become gummy as it cools down. Also, make sure the rice is fully cooked as a risotto is supposed to be slightly mushy, with all the ingredients gelling well together.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the green peas and spinach and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the rice, milk, cheese, tomato purée, fresh cream and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Mash it a little using a potato masher.
- Add the basil, celery and parsley, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.