Spinach and Carrot Rice
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 349 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23656 times
Spinach and carrot layered with rice. . . . . This recipe is doing wonders for eyes and hair with its high vitamin a, calcium and iron content.
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water till it is almost done. Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate. Drain and discard the water. Keep the rice aside.
- Heat the oil in a vessel and fry the shah-jeera for a little time. Add the cooked rice and salt and mix gently.
- Cook the spinach with 1 tablespoon of water. When cooked, drain the spinach.
- Heat the oil in a vessel and fry the onions for a little time. Add the spinach, green peas, chillies and salt and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a vessel and fry the shah-jeera.
- Add the grated carrot and 2 tablespoons of water. Add the curry powder and salt and mix well. Cover and cook for a few minutes.
- Grease a baking dish and spread half the cooked rice. Next spread the spinach mixture, cover with the remaining rice and finally with the carrot layer. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake in a hot oven at 220°c (450°f) for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.