Spinach Tartillini In Creamy Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 83 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4129 times
A superb Italian dish with 2 rich sauces.
- Steam the spinach leaves. Squeeze out the water.
- Chop the spinach leaves finely and mix with the paneer, green chillies and salt.
- Mix the flour, butter and salt. Add water and make a semi-stiff dough.
- Heat the butter, add the flour and fry for 1/2 minute.
- Add the milk and 1/2 teacup of water and cook until the sauce becomes thick.
- Add the cheese, cream, salt and pepper.
- Boil the tomatoes without any water. Blend in a liquidiser and strain.
- Add the sugar, oregano, ajwain, chilli powder and salt and boil for 10 minutes on a slow flame.
- Add the cream.
- Divide the dough into 15 balls and roll out into thin puris. Spread some spinach filling in each puri and close.
- Put plenty of water to boil and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Boil batches of the puris (tatillini) for 1/2 minute. Drain and keep aside in a little water.
- In a greased baking dish, spread a little creamy sauce and some tartillini. If you like, sprinkle a little tomato gravy.
- Make more layers in this manner. Sprinkle the balance cheese and bake in a hot oven at 230 degree C (450 degree F) for 10 minutes.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.