Spinach Tahini Wrap ( Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 127 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36859 times
This marvelous wrap is a delightful confluence of indian and middle eastern cuisine. Tahini, a delectable sesame seed based sauce combines beautifully with the veggies cooked in an indian manner. By rolling it in spinach rotis, the iron, calcium and fibre content has been increased substantially.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the green chillies, carrots, cabbage, potatoes, coriander and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 more minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan and dry roast the sesame seeds and chana dal separately. Keep aside to cool.
- Combine the sesame seeds and chana dal and blend in a mixer to a fine powder.
- Transfer the powder to a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and spread ¼th of the tahini paste evenly over it.
- Arrange ¼ cup of lettuce in a row in the centre of the roti.
- Arrange ¼th of the filling and spread the garlic-tomato chutney over it and roll up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each wrap and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.