Spinach Soup ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 156 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17506 times
It is found on the menu of almost all restaurants, and is quite liked by one and all, not just because of the simple yet warming flavour and aroma, but also because of the appearance… the dark green coloured soup often decorated with a lace of butter or cream looks enticing. The microwave is such a handy kitchen helper that you can whip up this soup rather easily at home! remember that pepper is what brings out the characteristic flavour of this north indian delicacy, so make sure the shaker is well-loaded with freshly pounded pepper.
- Place the spinach in a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 1 minute. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Blend the spinach in a mixer to a smooth purée and keep aside.
- Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 15 seconds.
- Add the flour, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the milk, spinach purée, salt and pepper, mix well and microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring once in between after 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||233.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.