Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3739 times
Pre cook and spinach ad tur daal
use tomato paste instead of tomatoes
can use fresh tamarind pulp instead of paste
- Pressure cook chopped spinach and tur daal
- Heat oil
- Put lg
- Add mustard seeds and let crackle
- Add chana daal,methi seeds and curry leaves
- When the chana daal turns red, add chopped onions and saute till translucent
- Add a cup of water,salt, gud,imly paste,sambaar powder and cut tomatoes
- Boil till the tomatoes are thoroughly cooked
- Add cooked spinach and cooked turdal
- Let it simmer for a while
- The sambaar is now ready.
This recipe was contributed by arajagopal on 17 Apr 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.