Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3113 times
A delightful Spinach and rice blend in spinach pullao goes exceptionally well with a range of Indian spices. An easy and yet healthful chawal recipe, spinach pullao or palak pulao with raita and papad is one of our favorites.
Add your private note
Spinach Pullao recipe - How to make Spinach Pullao
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Heat the butter on a slow flame and add the rice, milk and salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Heat the ghee and fry the cumin seeds until they begin to crackle. add the onion and fry for 1 minute. add the green chilli and fry again for a few seconds.
- Add the spinach and salt and cook until soft.
- Spread the spinach at the bottom of a greased jelly mould.
- Spread the rice on top. press well and cover.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 degree c (400 degree f) for 10 minutes.
- While serving, invert on a plate and serve hot with kadhi.
This recipe was contributed by pallavikamal on 24 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.