by Tarla Dalal
Added to 648 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19406 times
A smashing dish for your little Popeye and everybody else in the family too. Rice tossed with milk and butter is topped with a simple spinach mixture, and served in an interesting way to lure your family to a healthy meal. Once you have cooked rice and spinach ready, Spinach Rice can be prepared in minutes with readily available ingredients and simple procedures. Serve it hot to make the most of the fresh aroma and texture.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick, add the rice, milk and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Put the rice on a serving plate, put the prepared spinach mixture in the center and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||3052.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||17 mg|
|Folic Acid||68.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.