Spinach Mushroom Rice Bake
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 445 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18057 times
Rich with the aroma and flavour of butter, the Spinach Mushroom Baked Rice is a delightful one-dish meal that truly pampers your senses.
Buttered rice is layered with a scrumptious mixture of spinach and mushrooms sautéed with onions, seasoned with pepper and chilli flakes, topped with loads of cheese, and baked.
Thereafter, the process of baking unfurls its magic, making the flavours mingle delicately to give you a delectable meal!
Try other mushroom recipes like Mushroom On Toast or Mushrooms Stuffed with Paneer .
- Combine the rice and enough water in a deep bowl and soak for 15 minutes. Drain. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the salt and 1½ cups of hot water, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies, spinach, mushrooms, salt and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the cheese and mix well. Keep aside.
- Arrange the buttered rice on a greased 200 mm. (8") diameter baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Put the spinach mushroom vegetable evenly over it.
- Finally top it grated cheese and chilli flakes evenly over it.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||2322.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||12.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||54 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.