Spinach Moong Dal Special
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16193 times
The spinach and moong dal recipe is a good balance of greens and pulses and has a good nutritional value with a great taste. It is easy and quick to make.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste and saute till light golden.
- Add the cloves and cinnamon and saute for few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the moong dal, mix well and add enough water to adjust the consistency of the dal.
- Add the spinach, and some more water if required and mix well.
- Add salt, sugar, red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander-cumin seeds powder, mix well and bring it to boil till the spinach leaves become tender.
- Now add the garam masala and stir for about a minute.
- Serve hot garnished with crriander.
This recipe was contributed by smeet on 01 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.