Spinach, Lettuce and Spring Onion Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 48 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16782 times
Despite playing an important role in the meal, to kindle one’s appetite and set the expectations for the coming meal, most people settle with simple tomato or mixed veg soups! Why do that, when there is a delectable variety? Try this Spinach, Lettuce and Spring Onion Soup for an option that is flavourful and nutritious. The use of iceberg lettuce as one of the main ingredients is indeed a specialty of this Vitamin A and iron-rich soup. And so is the unique flavour imparted by the nutmeg!
- Heat the butter in a pressure cooker, add the spinach, lettuce and spring onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 1½ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend the mixture in a mixer till smooth. Transfer the mixture into a deep non-stick pan.
- Add the milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.