Spinach Kootu By jolu
This recipe has been viewed 3616 times
A simple, innovative and delicious masala dal recipe with an array of flavors. Relish masala dal with steamed rice
- Grind the rasam powder & grated coconut to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Mix spinach and moong dal together in a vessel and pressure cook for 10 minutes. after 15-20 minutes take out the spinach from cooker.
- Heat ghee in a pan. add the mustard seeds and let it splutter. add the cumin seeds and fry for a minute.
- Add the cooked spinach & dal mixture to the mustard seeds mixture. add salt, a pinch of turmeric powder, ground paste and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot with plain rice and pappad.
This recipe was contributed by jolu on 20 Jun 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.