Spinach Dal By rav_pad33
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2295 times
An amazing blend of great taste, health benefits and flavors, Spinach dal is a dal recipe with a healthy twist. The dals are cooked with chopped spinach or palak leavers and then relished with roti.
- Boil arhar dal in pressure cooker till soft.
- In the mean time, cut spinach into small pieces.
- Cut green chillis length-wise.
- Boil two cups of water in a kadai.
- Add spinach, green chillies and haldi to the water. boil till soft.
- Add tamarind juice and let boil.
- Mash the boiled arhar dal and add to kadai. add salt to taste.
- Dal should neither be uncooked or overcooked.
- Take a small frying pan.
- Add cooking oil till hot. add rai, jeera and wait to flutter.
- Add hing and curry leaves.
- Put the seasoning to the dal.
- Voila !!!
- you are ready to eat a great dish with hot steaming rice and deshi ghee.
This recipe was contributed by rav_pad33 on 09 Dec 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.