Spinach Cheese Cigars with Honey Chilli Sauce ( Snacks)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 186 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23236 times
Crunchy samosa patti rolls, filled with a cheese and spinach mixture. Serve these immediately to enjoy the taste of the melted mozzarella cheese. Ready-made samosa pattis are available at most provision stores. Squeeze out all the water from the blanched and chopped spinach to prevent the cigars from becoming soggy.
- Cut each samosa patti into 3 to get 75 mm. X 62 mm. (3" x 2½") rectangular pieces. You will get 24 pieces in all.
- Place a piece of the samosa patti on a flat, dry surface and place a portion of the filling at one pointed edge.
- Roll each patti tightly towards the opposite pointed edge and stick the edges with a little flour paste to form a cylindrical shape.
- Seal the edge of the samosa patti using a little plain flour paste.
- Repeat with the remaining pattis and filling to make more cigars.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan or kadhai and deep-fry the cigars a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with honey chilli sauce.
Nutrient values per cigar
|Vitamin A||638.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||13.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.