Spinach & Tomato Rice
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22486 times
Spinach and tomato rice is a tempting combination of spinach paste and tomato puree blended with rice. A colorful and tasty rice or pulao preparation which is even full of nutrition.
- Cook rice separately with pinch of salt & less water than usual.
- Allow to cool.
- For the gravy
- Heat ghee in a kadai.
- Add cummin,cloves,bayleaf.
- When it sputters add onions & fry till brown.
- Add tomato puree,ginger-garlic-green chilly paste & cook till ghee separates.
- Add little water if puree is thick in the beginning.
- Once cooked add spinach puree & cook for 5 mins.
- Add salt to taste.
- When gravy thickens turn off the flame & mix in the rice gently,separating the grains.
- Garnish with coconut scrapings,ginger juliennes & serve hot
This recipe was contributed by akvan on 04 Jul 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.