Spicy and Tangy Pea Crescents
by HARISH SAVLA
This recipe has been viewed 2393 times
`SPICY N TANGY PEA CRECENTS` can be served as a `Farsan ` for Gujarti Menu or as a `Starter` or `Evening Snacks` or with a bowl of `Soup`. They are tangy-spicy and delicious.
- Blanch the greed peas in boiling water and refresh in cold water.
- Lightly crush the green peas.
- Heat oil add onion and sauté till translucent.
- Add ginger–garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add tomato, tamarind pulp, jaggery, pav bhaji masala, chilli powder, haldi powder, dhania-jeera powder, salt and cook till tomato are pulpy.
- Add the green peas and mix well.
- Sprinkle little water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add mint leaves, coriander and mix well. Allow to cool.
- Combine the wheat flour, maida, sesame seeds, salt, 2 tbsp oil and add enough water to prepare a stiff dough.
- Knead well and keep aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Knead the dough well and divide into small balls.
- Roll each ball into puris , apply water on the edge , place little filling in the centre of the puris and fold in half. Press the edges to seal well.
- Give the impression on the edges with a fork.
- Deep fry in hot medium oil till light pinkish.
- Serve with green chutney or ketchup.
This recipe was contributed by HARISH SAVLA on 27 Aug 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.