Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 996 times
Store the leftoverrice in the refrigerator, you can prepare adai,pongal, friedrice,or biriyani
Add your private note
Spicy adai recipe - How to make Spicy adai
Cooking Time: Total Time:
l. 3 variety of dhalls- 1 cup
2. 6 nos of red chillies
3.1 tsp of saunf
4.3 tsp of coconut gratings
5.finely cut onion 1 cup
6.hing 1 pinch
7.1/2 cup finely cut dhania leaves
8.1 cup of leftover rice
9. salt to taste
- 1. soak the dhalls(urad,chana,toor dhall)
- For 10 minutes in lukewarm water.
- 2.grind the dhalls coarsely with chillies and saunf.
- 3. mix coconut,dhania leaves,hing,salt,finely cut onions to the grind mixture.
- 4.coarsely grind the leftover rice in the foodprocessor.
- 5. mix both the grinded mixture with a whisker.
- 6.heat frypan, pour 1 laddle of the mixture, slightly spread, sprinkle little gingelly oil around the 'adai'
- 6.cover and cook for 1minute in slow fire,
- 7.serve with butter and jaggery.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#390205 on 05 Nov 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.